Can Menopause Cause Hair Loss?
Women who have reached menopause may begin to notice changes to their hair; it may not be as long, colourful, or as strong as it was before. For some, this period can also be accompanied with an unfortunate loss of hair.
For so many women, hair is central to identity and appearance, which is why hair loss can feel so unfair after a fulfilling life. If your hair is thinning or balding, you’re probably feeling incredibly hard done by, which is entirely understandable. Hair is important, and there are ways to treat this.
How Are Hormones Involved?
Menopause is a complex set of biological changes that all women will experience at some point. The body’s balance of hormones will fluctuate, leading to changes in the body that will be different for everyone depending on hormonal sensitivity.
Female hormones like oestrogen and progesterone are produced less, which play a key role in maintaining strong, thick hair. Some male hormones named androgens are produced more, which have the unfortunate effect of binding to hair follicles and shrinking them. This results in hair loss and thinning.
Other factors brought on by menopause could be involved:
- Stress and Anxiety: All these bodily changes can be incredibly stressful to deal with. Stress is known to affect the growth cycle of hair, and hair loss can even accelerate stress further.
- Nutrition: It can be difficult to maintain a nutritious diet as we age and find it harder to digest. A lack of vitamins and minerals can impact the health of our skin and hair.
- Illness: As we age, our immune systems become weaker. Certain illnesses can cause the body to target hair follicles and shut them down.
- Genetics: Family history of baldness can predict hair loss.
How Can This Be Treated?
Women losing their hair can typically feel:
- Sadness, in some cases even symptoms of depression.
- Shame and embarrassment, feelings of abnormality.
- A loss of self-esteem and confidence, especially with regards to personal and professional relationships.
If the above are happening to you, there are viable treatment options that can give you real, natural results. Hair is an incredibly important part of our social identity, and deserves to be treated as such.
A healthy and nutritious diet can help get your skin and hair health back on track, while certain medications and shampoos can help slow down the rate of hair loss.
However, Advanced Hair Studio can offer a wide range of industry-leading solutions and give you back your confidence and lustre.
Contact Advanced Hair Studio Australia For Female Hair Growth Treatments
Rest assured, you can replace your thinning or balding hair. Advanced Hair Studio has over 500,000 happy customers who will attest to this.
Restore your confidence today: