Hair loss is most commonly associated with men. It is often seen as part of the ageing process, and most of us remember a time when either our grandfathers, fathers or even ourselves began losing hair. But what causes this hair loss?
Causes of Hair Loss in Men
- Genes: Hair loss is strongly connected to genetics. The old myth always said that you get your hair from your mother’s side, but this has been thoroughly debunked. The causes of hair loss are polygenetic, which means they are tied to a range of hereditary factors, and while the gene does seem to be associated with the X chromosome on your mother’s side, this isn’t the only genes at play.
- Hormones: Male pattern baldness, the most common form of male baldness, is tied to hormones. Testosterone is converted to DHT in the body, which reacts with organs including hair follicles. Hair follicles are sensitive to DHT, and the reaction causes the hair shafts to become thinner and shorter in males suffering this type of hair loss. The only follicles that are affected are the ones located on the scalp and hairline, which is why males experiencing this type of baldness keep the hair on the side and back of the head.
- Medications: Chemotherapy, blood thinners, beta-blockers and blood pressure medication can cause temporary hair loss.
Burns and trauma
- Alopecia areata: In this condition, the immune system attacks the hair follicles and causes patches of follicles to stop producing hair.
- Traction alopecia: This occurs when too much tension is placed on the hair by pulling the hair back into braids or a ponytail.
Other forms of alopecia.
- Medical conditions: Diabetes, anaemia, eating disorders, lupus, thyroid disease
- Diet: Low-calorie and low-calorie diets can cause hair loss.
Male Hair Loss Treatments
There are many causes of hair loss, but no matter what causes the balding, you want it treated. Our methods have been designed by hair loss doctors and scientifically-tested and proven to help in growing and replacing hair.
- Hairfusion: This treatment replaces lost hair by matching replacement strands with existing strands Because each strand is matched individually, your hair will look completely natural from any angle, which is the mark of a good hair restoration treatment.
- Advanced Laser Therapy: We deliver 90% increased hair growth with our combined Advanced Laser Therapy and at-home treatment
- Advanced Hair Fibres: Thickening Fibres: You can achieve thicker hair with our keratin Thickening Fibres, just brush the solution through your hair, and you’re done.
- Advanced Singular Hair Grafting: Most forms of male balding will begin at the hairline. You can restore yours naturally with our Advanced Singular Hair Grafting.
You can take advantage of any of these treatments. All you have to do is visit us for a free, no obligation Hair Check. We will diagnose your hair and scalp and suggest the best treatment for your needs.
Restore your confidence today: